|Jobboard Home | About | Filter Job Posts | Search|
ColdFusion Applications Development Supervisor
CORESTAFF Technology Services
Full time Permanent position
Important skills are ColdFusion and SQL. Fusebox would be nice. Candidate must know how to code and supervise a team of programmers.
Previous titles might be Sr. Developer, Team Lead, Architect, or Sr. Project Manager.
Client is the nation’s largest credit union owned EFT network and processor, is looking for a ColdFusion/SQL Applications Development Supervisor in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
The primary job function responsibility of the Applications Development Supervisor is for planning, coordinating, and supervising the activities of the Applications Development Group in the IT Department involving the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of information systems and software applications.
Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications as well as database administration and managing up to 10 projects simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Supervising, coordinating, and prioritizing the schedules, projects, and activities of the Web Programmer, Web Programmer / Analyst, Database Analyst and Systems Analyst / Programmer.
* Applying communication and problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
* Consulting with end users and peers to analyze requirements, problems, and procedures, evaluating alternatives, and specifying preferred solutions to automate processing or to improve existing systems.
* Creating functional requirements, technical and design specification documents, using flow charts and diagrams into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into computer processable language for the use of Web Programmers and Analysts.
* Troubleshooting application systems problems and performs web and client server maintenance programming and testing in support of the company’s internet, intranet, and extranet applications.
* Conducting system walk-throughs and trains staff on the use of new and modified programs and applications.
* Handling database upgrades, capacity planning, and fine tuning.
* Utilizing database design and management tools and apply entity-relationship design expertise to create and maintain relational database applications.
* Utilizing various scripting languages to create online forms or create interfaces to existing applications that link users to databases.
* Strictly adheres to new and modified code staging and testing guidelines in close coordination with the IT Network and Desktop Support Group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have at least 10 years of direct experience with previous experience as a Programmer, Analyst & DBA using ColdFusion or 5-7 years of experience in a related area.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience. MCP, MCDBA, and/or Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer certification a plus.
2+ years previous experience supervising Programmers and DB Analysts.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and possess strong independent analytical abilities.
The individual must also have good organizational skills, be detail oriented with excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must have the ability to work with individuals of all levels with varying technical skills.
Coldfusion, SQL, Fusebox